Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ken Wright Ken Wright is offline

Default SUMPRODUCT Difficulty

Assuming the only possible entries against Vendor that you DONT want counted
are Goal and 0, then how about:-

=SUMPRODUCT((A153:A181="Vendor")*(B153:B181<"Goal ")*(B153:B181<0))

Regards
Ken............................

"Pam" wrote in message

After reading thru several posts and figuring out that I could not use
COUNTIF on non-adjacent cells, I tried using SUMPRODUCT but am still
having trouble getting it to calculate as needed. Below is an example of
what I need to happen.

Col A Col B
Vendor Activity
Booking 0
Vendor 500
Booking 0
Vendor Goal
Booking 100

Every other line has a vendor with a booking for that vendor beneath it. I
need to count only the vendor rows with amounts greater than 0, the word
"activity", the word "yes" and the word "no". I don't need it to count
"goal" that will be counted in another cell.

This is the formula I used before the Booking line was entered after each
vendor and it worked great:

=COUNTIF(C153:C181,"0")+COUNTIF(C153:C181,"Yes")+ COUNTIF(C153:C181,"No")+COUNTIF(C153:C181,"activit y")

So far, using =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW(B153:B182),2)=1),--(B153:B182 0)), I
get a total of everything - amounts, 0's and any text entered. I've tried
using SumProduct like the CountIf above, breaking into individual
sections, but that gives duplicates the amounts to give an inflated total.

If anyone can please tell me how to use SUMPRODUCT or some other
alternative, to achieve desired results, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
Pam