Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Count Unique Values

Hi,

It would help if you showed us your data but here is the general idea:

=COUNT(1/FREQUENCY(IF((B2:B10="countertops")*(C2:C10="grani te"),A2:A10),A2:A10))

Array enter it - press Shift+Ctrl+Enter

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Richard" wrote:

Is there a formula that will count the number of unique values based on a
crriteria? For example. I have a sheet of part numbers with coresponding
purchase order number and quantity received. For a number of part numbers
there are multiple receipts on a purchase order so the PO number shows up
multiple times. I want to count the number of PO's base on the Part number.
How can I do that?