Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme[_3_] Bernard Liengme[_3_] is offline

Default IF formula for time

Excel stores time as fraction of a day. So 8:00 is STORED as 8/24 or 0.3333.
It is DISPLAYED as 8:00
Enter 8:00 in a cell and then format it to display as Number and you will
see 0.33333....
So to test if C3 is greater than 24 HOURS you can use
=IF(C3*2424,"NO","YES")
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Joshua" wrote in message
I have two columns
Time taken to complete work Completed within 24hrs

23:00 Yes
25:00 No

I want to know if anything has gone over a 24hr time limit
before I had it calculate =IF(C324,"NO","YES")
so if C3 was 25:00 it would give me a NO or 23:00 a YES
right now it gives me all YES even if it is over 24
Do I have to change the format of =IF cell or input a new formula

Thanks for your time