Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron@Buy Ron@Buy is offline

Default change cell colour according to date.....

This can be achieved using Conditional Formatting - see here for more info:
http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html

To colour as you require you require two conditions in I9:
first =TODAY()$D$9+28 set colour as red
and
second =$I$9$D$9+20 set colour as orange

You could of course use two cells remote from your workings enter 20 in one
and 28 in the other and use those cell references in the formulae, that way
you can, if required, easily change the number of days difference!

Hope this helps

"RichLive" wrote:

Hello I would be very grateful if anyone could help pont me in the right
direction with a formula to do the following:
I have a date in field D9 and I need field I9 fill colour to change to
orange if todays date is greater than 20 days after the date in D9 and then
turn red if todays date is greater than 28 days after the date in D9 I hope
this makes sense, I am not to hot at excel at the moment but am trying to
learn

Many Thanks

Rich