Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Marilyn Marilyn is offline

Default Excel 2003 Filtering Mistery

Hello,

I have an excel table which I often filter. The column that I filter by has
numbers and some of the numbers have a carriage which means some cells have
two lines instead of one and some cells just have one line.

When I perform a Custom filter I choose Custom from the drop down list and
select Contains and type desired number. The problem is that the Contains
criteria only picks up the cells with 2 lines and omits the cells with 1 line
that matches the filter. If I choose Equals then the Equals criteria only
picks up the cells with 1 line and omits the cells with 2 lines.

Example: The numbers with the quotes share one cell.
"6.2
6.7"
"3.4
5.3"
5.2
"1.1
3.3"
3.4

any ideas what can be done in this case?