Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Corrupt file

No suggestions on how to get your file back, but for the future I would
recommend that you don't try to open the file on the flash drive, but that
you copy the file to hard disk and open it there.
This has 2 advantages:
1 Excel works more reliably with files on the hard disk than on flash
drive.
2 If your AV software does change the file when you open it, you've still
got the copy on the flash drive.
--
David Biddulph

"tjb014" wrote in message
Recently I attempted to open an excel file on a flash drive and was
instructed it was infected by bloodhound.exploit.112. The file was sent
quarentine where I have been unable to clean it or restore it from this
location. This is the only file was was affected on the flash drive. I
have
opened the file numerous other times with no issue. It appears that
perhaps
the file name was changed from .xls to .xlsx. I have searched for a patch
that might open the file but no luck. The computer I attempted to open the
file on runs on Windows XP and my home computer runs on Vista. I would
appreciate any ideas on getting my file back.