Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Hiding columns in Excel 2003

Hi,

If the other users are not entering any formulas you might be able to do
what you want with conditional formatting, but otherwise I don't think you
can do it.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Les" wrote:

Hi,

I do know how to hide columns but I have a problem. Say I have a worksheet
which person A uses columns A through T. I plan on using columns AA and AB
and will be entering data into those 2 columns from time to time. Now one of
my columns is my data entry, say Col AA and AB is a calculated cell which
subtracts the value I placed into col AA from one value from one of the
columns that person a is using. Once I set this up and hide my 2 columns,
and I protect the worksheet. Even protected when I place the formula say
=AA5 into some other cell anywhere on the sheet it still tells me what the
contents of that cell is even though it is hidden. I dont want the other
person to be able to view the data in my 2 cells but it doesnt matter if she
is aware that there are a few hidden columns. Perhaps someone out here can
think of a way to do this some other way??

Thanks in advance,

Les