Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Les Les is offline

Default Hiding columns in Excel 2003

Hi,

I do know how to hide columns but I have a problem. Say I have a worksheet
which person A uses columns A through T. I plan on using columns AA and AB
and will be entering data into those 2 columns from time to time. Now one of
my columns is my data entry, say Col AA and AB is a calculated cell which
subtracts the value I placed into col AA from one value from one of the
columns that person a is using. Once I set this up and hide my 2 columns,
and I protect the worksheet. Even protected when I place the formula say
=AA5 into some other cell anywhere on the sheet it still tells me what the
contents of that cell is even though it is hidden. I dont want the other
person to be able to view the data in my 2 cells but it doesnt matter if she
is aware that there are a few hidden columns. Perhaps someone out here can
think of a way to do this some other way??

Thanks in advance,

Les