Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Evaluating formula in VBA

Hi,

A little more detail would help - if this formula were "prefix" & A1
"suffix" then if A1 was 27 the answer would be prefix27suffix.

Is that really what you want?

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Walter Briscoe" wrote:

I have a string variable containing a formula which I want to evaluate.
I can do what I want with
activeCell.FormulaLocal = fx
result = activeCell.Value

I want a function which evaluates result without writing to a cell.
i.e. I am looking for the name of a function which will do
result = name(fx) and return the value of fx.

fx might have a value like "=""prefix"" & A1 & ""suffix""".

I have failed to find such a function. ;(
--
Walter Briscoe