Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Steve Haack Steve Haack is offline

Default Need an Idea on Arranging Data for a Chart

I have an Access Database that has thousands of records in it. Each record
has the following fields (simplified): Date, Site, Seconds

I have a workbook that wueries the database, and brings in data into a table
for each site that has the Date and Seconds on each line of the table.

I would like to graph the data, based on groupings that the user will
choose, so maybe they would like to each data point on the line be the
average for a week, and the line would show 10 weeks, etc.

What I am struggling with is how to get from the frist table, to one that is
grouped by day, or week, or month or qrtr, etc. in an automated way.

Anyone have any ideas/examples they could share? I've gotta belive that this
has been done before, and I am just overlooking the obvious.

Thanks.