Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Davidm Davidm is offline

Default Conditional formatting from Dates

Thank you Jacob - that works absolutely great!

I wonder if you could explain it to me as I fail to see where "it"
understands the 12 months!

Thks
--
DavidM

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Hi David

Excel will be able to identify the current date. So you dont need to enter
the current date to the header cell. Try the below in cell A1 of a fresh
workbook and feedback

From menu FormatConditional Formatting

In Condition1 select 'Formula Is' and enter
=DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"y")0
and select red color from FormatPattern

In Condition2 select 'Formula Is' and enter
=DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"y")=0
and select green color from FormatPattern

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"DavidM" wrote:

Today's date will be manually entered in to a header cell.
The worksheet contains the dates that customers last purchased from me.
How can I change the colour of the customer dates (and other details) eg. To
Red if older than a year, to Green if less than a year?
Apologies if this has a simple/obvious solution!
Many thks,
--
DavidM