Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
marcmiller marcmiller is offline

Default Filter drop down box in pivot table

I recently upgraded to Excel 2007 and I'm having difficulty with pivot
tables. I have a pivot table with three report filter fields. In previous
versions-2003, once I select criteria in the first filter drop down box, the
second filter drop down box would only show me a subset of the original data
based on the first filter. Once I select the criteria in the 2nd filter pull
down box, the the 3rd filter pull down box would only show me a subset of the
source data based on the first two filters applied (i.e. there are fewer
choices after each query). In 2007, I noticed that once I select criteria in
the first report filter pull down box, the 2nd pull down box shows all
filtering options - i.e. there is no relationship to the first query criteria
that has already been defined. Is there a way to reslove this? I hope this
makes sense.