Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BonsH BonsH is offline

Default Tell a column to always subtract --Excel 2003

Hi All! Is there a way to tell a column that if it sees a number it should
always be read as a negative? I am creating a checkbook registry and have
deposits in the plus column and would like the checks to automatically be
calculated as a negative amount. I can hit the minus sign every time, but
would be helpful if it just knew to do it. ---I apologize if this is a
duplicate question---I tried to post it last week and I'm unable to find it.
That brings me to another question----more about the site, rather than just
Excel---When searching for answers -- i.e. Subtract---is there a way to say I
want my answers to show latest posts first? When I ran the query the answers
came up in no particular order and I was looking specifically for my post and
any answers to it. I thought I could do this in the past---but cannot
remember how i did it.
This is one of the BEST SITES anywhere for help...have been using it for
years and I really appreciate any help you can give me. THANKS!!