Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Archimedes' Lever Archimedes' Lever is offline

Default data range referrences

On Sat, 6 Jun 2009 15:43:55 -0400, "Jon Peltier"
wrote:

If this were my project (sorry, I don't have time to make it mine) I think I
would have used an Excel List or Table as the data entry region, kept dates
in one column, and not fed a pivot table with this. I'd build a set of
worksheet controls that would allow the user to select a time range to plot,
on a chart with a date scale on the X axis.

I showed an example that worked like this he

Dynamic Charting By Dates -

I made this:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/my...058731033.aspx

There is no Feb 29 handling currently as MS does not accept macro
enabled template submissions.

There are no pivot charts or tables. Feb 29 messes up the charts, even
with the #N/A () in place in the date fields, which are one axis.

So I omit your IF statement test string, and was using a button to hide
or unhide that row in two locations. That actually works, and also
likely with the area chart under discussion elsewhere. That is a good
way to code it, if it works with all the charts. Is MS going to patch
SP2 to solve its problems I have been reading about?

Anyway, take a gander at my workbook, if you get a moment. I think the
macro buttons could be eliminated, and the test and change be automated
in a single macro with no need for user interaction (simply run the test
and hide or unhide the rows).

Thanks again, Jon, for all the help you have given me. My work is
close to completion, and much better than the previous version thanks to
your help, and the exercises it put me through.

'Grade' my spreadsheet if you would. I like feedback. I should make
it so the user can select that chart plot line colors on the first page
as well. That would be cool, as then the user could make easy universal
color changes without the recursive exercise of activating all the
pertinent sheets and setting the colors and saving. Having a choice
dialog would make it point and click.

Anyone that monitors and tracks their blood pressure should give it a
glance as well.