Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Auto Assigning Number to Excel Invoice

Works fine with Excel 2007 on Windows XP but if using Vista there are
Registry problems with the hard-coded Registry key in TMPLTNUM.XLA

User would have to unprotect the add-in code and make changes to Registry
storage key.

I do have an unprotected copy of TMPLTNUM.XLA but not running Vista so
cannot advise of code changes needed to write to Vista Registry.

Copy available to OP if I get an email at gorddibbATshawDOTca

I would suggest it may be easier to use JE's code and write to a text file
if running Vista.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 05:52:37 -0700, "Jim Cone"
wrote:

I don't have xl2007, but this should work...

Do a file search for "TMPLTNUM.XLA".
Then load it as an add-in.