Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Alphabetizing Column without losing corresponding data?

Pre-select all columns you want included in the sort.

Do not let Excel guess at the range.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 13:29:01 -0700, Adam, frustrated <Adam,
wrote:

Hello, I am doing a spreadsheet in Excel 2003 which involves a list of
websites in one column and corresponding "X"s which mark certain
characteristics or data in the adjacent columns.

The problem is, while I know how to sort the names of the websites
alphabetically, I do not know how to sort the whole "row" so that the data
stays intact on the spread sheet. What I want is to preserve the data, so to
really move the whole row, based on the alphabetizing of the website names.

Anyone know how I can do this?