Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JWhitehead JWhitehead is offline

Default Alphabetizing Column without losing corresponding data?

for the "X" to stay with the website, just select that before you hit the
option to sort. If all the data is selected, and then sort, it will keep all
the other data with the column that you wish to sort.

"Adam, frustrated" wrote:

Hello, I am doing a spreadsheet in Excel 2003 which involves a list of
websites in one column and corresponding "X"s which mark certain
characteristics or data in the adjacent columns.

The problem is, while I know how to sort the names of the websites
alphabetically, I do not know how to sort the whole "row" so that the data
stays intact on the spread sheet. What I want is to preserve the data, so to
really move the whole row, based on the alphabetizing of the website names.

Anyone know how I can do this?