Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ashish Mathur[_2_] Ashish Mathur[_2_] is offline

Default Counting in columns

Hi

=count(range_of _dates) will count the number of cells which have dates and
numbers. Since you have not mentioned what else the column can hold, I
assuming that the cells are either blank or hold dates

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Deb" wrote in message
Hi all - I have a column which can include a date (eg format 10 June 2009)
and I want to be able to count the total number of times a date appears in
that column. I also have another column which includes the letter 'y' in
some cells. I also wish to count the total number of 'y's. Can anyone
help.
As you can read I am so rubbish at that it is pitiful! Deb