Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default ENTERING TIME

If you are talking about entering the current time (of day), then Jacob has
given you your answer. If, on the other hand, you mean a time other than the
current time (such as would be taken from a log sheet of some kind), then
you will need a macro to do what you want. Are you entering 24-hour time
values (1600 for 4:00pm) or would you enter 4:00pm as 400pm (or perhaps 400
pm with a space between them)? Are you entering the seconds as well (and, if
so, will they always be available for each entry or not)?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Cletus" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet in excel that I record length of time in. How can I
enter the time and have the : automatically entered for me?