Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Auto Assigning Number to Excel Invoice

This link shows you two ways of maintaining these sequential numbers
for invoices etc.:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jun 10, 9:09*am, Angela Rose <Angela
wrote:
I have been using a template created in Excel 2000 for my business invoices
for 7 years. *This template had a tool box which allowed me to assign a
sequential new number for each invoice automatically by clicking assign new
number. *Is this feature available in Excel 2007? *I have tried enabling
macros which were used on the previous version, but each time I attempt to
run them, I get the message "The numbering add-in must be loaded for optimal
numbering and toolbar behavior. *Please load this add-in into your Library
Directory." *Where do I find this add-in? It is not located in Excel 2007 and
I cannot find it on available downloads on Microsoft web-site... which is
where I am directed from the help menu. * PLEASE HELP!!