Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John[_22_] John[_22_] is offline

Default Blank cell not really blank

Hi
It could be a character which looks like normal space, isblank will return False
and istext will return True.Its actually a html non breaking space. Alt-0160
Goto Edit Replace Findpress the Alt key and type 0160 on the numeric
keypad,
type nothing in Replace. That should remove all those characters.
HTH
John
"OperationsNETTC15" wrote in
message ...
I am using Excel 2007 and returning data into a table using xfODBC, which
returns a number of blank cells. If I do an ISBLANK on the blank cells, it
returns FALSE, ISTEXT returns TRUE. I want to assign a new value to the
blank cells, but since Excel is considering it text, the formula would screw
up legitimate values also.

Any ideas?