Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default dividing a number up evenly into a year

If your 17 is in A1, and your 1 to 12 in A2 to L2, put in A3 the formula
=ROUND($A1/12,0), and in B3 the formula =ROUND(B2*$A1/12,0)-SUM($A3:A3).
Copy B3 across through to L3.
--
David Biddulph

"jxbeeman" wrote in message
I've been trying to make a formula that divides any whole number up into a
year based on the current month. Let me explain with an example.

Number to divide 17
Result:
month-- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 12
Divided number-- 1 1 2 1 1 3 1 1 2 1 2

so the divided number still sums up to 17 but is evenly distributed
through
the year even though it is an odd #. Any help/Ideas would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh