Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Multiple IF conditions then add cells together

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Lil" wrote in message
Thanks, both examples work well, I just had to alter it to pick up line 7.
don't fully understand how it picks up info in alternate columns then adds
other alternate columns, but will try to figure that one out. Thanks for
the
help
--
Lil

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

=SUMIF($H6:$L6,COLUMNS($A1:F1),$G6:$K6)

That evaluates to:

=SUMIF($H6:$L6,6,$G6:$K6)

As you drag copy across a row it'll increment to:

=SUMIF($H6:$L6,7,$G6:$K6)
=SUMIF($H6:$L6,8,$G6:$K6)
=SUMIF($H6:$L6,9,$G6:$K6)
etc
etc

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Lil" wrote in message
How do I do the following:
IF H7,J7,L7=6 is true, then add together G7,I7,K7. I want to add all
figures together that have a 6 in the adjacent column, and ignore
others
or
add zero.
How do I get this formula to drag across to the next column so that the
'6'
changes to '7' but all else remains the same?
Also will the formula work if I have 7 columns of numbers and 7 columns
of
figures?
I'm new to these conditional formulas so a specific formula would be
appreciated.
Thanks, Lil

--
Lil