Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
FatBytestard FatBytestard is offline

Default How do I bridge the gaps in data in (XL 2007) Area Chart

On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 12:38:01 -0700, BABs
wrote:

Bernard,
That worked for bridging the gaps in the line plot, but not the area chart.
The area chart has the "connect" grayed out. Also, if I enter =na(), it
treats them as 0's and doesn't interpolate.
Any suggestions?

Hiding the row removes it from any chart referring to that data range
the row is hidden within.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Click the chart to activate it
In the Design tab of Chart Tools, click Select Data
A dialog box opens, look at lower left corner for "Hidden and Empty Cells"
button and click it
You get three options: gaps, zero and connect.

Alternative (works in all version of Excel); in the empty cell type =NA().
It will display as #N/A and will be ignored by the chart engine

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"BABs" wrote in message
XL 2007 doesn't have the TOOLS-Options-Interpolate menu and choices.
This goes for a line chart as well.
Thx