Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Té is offline

Default Finding Repeated Words

Thank you sooooo much!

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

Hi,

Is this a general question or are you looking for specific word that might
be repeated? Are these words located in any particular location, a column,
row, or worksheet? And by words do you mean text entries only not numbers?

Suppose the range was A1:C14 and we are checking for any non-blank cells
which repeat then the following formula would do it:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(COUNTIF(A1:C14,A1:C14)1))

This formula would count three occurances of the work Dog as 3 repeat words,
which may or may not be what you want.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Té" wrote:

Is there a way to find repeated words in a spreadsheet, as well as how many
times the word is repeated besides using the COUNTA function? I was thinking
of filtering, and then applying the COUNTA function. Is that the easiest way?