Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
erawson erawson is offline

Default Non-number value in Charts

Thanks

However, I am wanting to chart different concentrations of chemicals in
water. If a certain chemical is not detected I would record ND. I am
wondering how to get the display data labels to display ND and not zero,
without manually entering it into the chart.

Example

Nitrate-Nitrogen Ammonia-Nitrogen TKN Chloride
10 12 5
70
9 ND 6
85
11 2 ND
70

I want the chart to graph it as a zero value, however have the display data
labels correctly showing that it is ND - Not detected

"Luke M" wrote:

I think you're actually wanting to display either series name, or category
name. If you just want custom labels on individual data points/columns,
you'll need to manually edit the labels yourself by selecting the value, then
clicking again (aka, a slow double click).
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"erawson" wrote:

I am trying to make a non-number value show up in a column chart. The chart
is automatically showing any non-number value as zero. This is fine, however
I would like the Display Data Labels to show the value that is displayed in
the cell.

How do I do this?