Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default protecing hidden columns

You cannot open a worksheet.

I think you mean open a workbook.

Passwording a workbook and making readonly does protect the worksheets
within.

To prevent changes to a worksheet, you must protect that worksheet.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 07:27:01 -0700, How do I protect only hidden columns?
<How do I protect only hidden wrote:

I need to hide certain columns from users that open my worksheet. I can
protect the worksheet as a read-only with password to modify but that does
not prevent another user of my document from unhiding all columns. How can I
hide columns so that they cannot be un-hidden by other users?