R.VENKATARAMAN

I have not understood. if you enter new data what happens to the old data.
i visualise something like this
you have some data in col A. you create the chart
now highlight column A and click insert row.
the old data shifts to column B(column A is blank) and the corresponding
chart automatically refers to data in col. B
now you enter new data in column A and create chart.
repeat this process.

is this what your want

Ronbo wrote in message
I have a data series to chart, say A1..A20. As I input new data I insert

cell in A1 and enter the data. However on my chart source data it changes

a new series of source data to B1..B21 when I insert "Shift Down" the

cells
and insert new data. I want the data series to remain A1..A20. I have

tried
(INDIRECT and OFFSET) but I get" Function not Valid"

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.