Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Driftwood Driftwood is offline

Default Analyze with excel (change access date format)

Hi,
I have a data base in Access that I am analyzing in excel.
I move (create copy) the analyzed worksheet from access into my excel
workbook.
There I have in Column A: dates ranging from 1/1/09 - 12/31/2015 in the
GENERAL format (for the macro to browse through and find the input date of
the user).
Column B-CD all have VLOOKUP formula to pull certain information from the
worksheet that came from access.
My problem is:
The worksheet that I analyze in excel can not be formatted so that the date
column showes in GENERAL format (39818) and not the 1/5/09 format.
I tried :insert new sheet - formatted that - copied & special paste Values
only- used
= LEFT(tblMRRMIR,A3, 10)in hopes I could format the results of a formulae.....
nothing so far has worked.
How do I get the analyzed access data to convert to Excel GENERAL date
format?

Thanks
Driftwood