Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Vic Vic is offline

Default change DD/MM/YY to MM/DD/YY

Hi Otto,
The date is always at the end of the field, it has 2 slashes and in format
MM/DD/YY. Leading zero is always truncated in MM and DD.
Thank you.

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

Vic
Your response doesn't address any of the questions I posted. Am I
missing something? Otto
"Vic" wrote in message
Hi Otto,
I can select European rows and apply the change to them only. There are 2
possible descriptions in European rows:
1. Quest has it requisition #7847. Sample collected on 6/17/08
2. Not listed on Quest report. Sample collected on 4/23/08
I only need to change Europeans to look like Americans or all Americans to
look like European dates. I can't have any mix. The preference will be teh
European date format. I would like to change the above dates to look like
this: 17/06/08 and 23/04/08 with zero added to a day and a month.
Thank you.

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

Vic
Can you provide any logic with which to find the date in the cell
entry?
Something perhaps like:
The date always starts with the 7th character in the cell. <=== No
Or
The first character in the date is always the first numerical character
in
the cell. <=== No
Or
The date is always 8 characters long and is the only part of the entry
that
has slashes. <=== No to 8 characters and Yes to slashes
Or
???
HTH Otto
"Vic" wrote in message
I need to change DD/MM/YY to MM/DD/YY in a description field but not in
all
cells. The date is in the middle of description. All American
description
fields have dates in MM/DD/YY and all European description fields have
DD/MM/YY. Please keep in mind that this is NOT a date field and the
field
contains other words besides the date. The date is in the middle of the
description.
How do I do that?