Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default how to sort correctly with this formula being used

Hi,

You could try rearranging the column order and then excluding the helper
columns from the sort range

Team, Name#1, Ph#, Points, Name#2, Ph#, Hdcp, Hdcp

Without your data its hard to know if this will work, but you could try it.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Brad" wrote:

I have a worksheet we use as a printout, part of that sheet has a formula(s)
we use for ease of use to update the sheets weekly informtion.
Just before we do the print out we resort the data based on one column of
information.

The problem I have is this, I have two columns of information using formulas
that won't sort along with the rest of the information.
this formula: =INDIRECT("Scorecard!X"&2*(ROW()-3)+2)
and this formula: =INDIRECT("Scorecard!X"&2*(ROW()-2)+1), are keeping my
data from sorting correctly.

My column headings are this;
Team, Name#1, Ph#, Hdcp, Points, Hdcp, Name#2, Ph#

The formulas are for the two 'Hdcp' columns but I need to sort by the
'Points' column.

I highlight the group of cells, column headings across by rows down and then
I sort by column 'Points' in decending order. All the information sorts
correctly except the 'Hdcp' columns. The data in those columns stays as if I
didn't sort the information.

FYI, the formula explaination is in forum question;
"drag formula down making chgs on the way (Q2) 6-3-09"

Any advise?
Brad