Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Brad[_3_] Brad[_3_] is offline

Default how to sort correctly with this formula being used

I have a worksheet we use as a printout, part of that sheet has a formula(s)
we use for ease of use to update the sheets weekly informtion.
Just before we do the print out we resort the data based on one column of
information.

The problem I have is this, I have two columns of information using formulas
that won't sort along with the rest of the information.
this formula: =INDIRECT("Scorecard!X"&2*(ROW()-3)+2)
and this formula: =INDIRECT("Scorecard!X"&2*(ROW()-2)+1), are keeping my
data from sorting correctly.

My column headings are this;
Team, Name#1, Ph#, Hdcp, Points, Hdcp, Name#2, Ph#

The formulas are for the two 'Hdcp' columns but I need to sort by the
'Points' column.

I highlight the group of cells, column headings across by rows down and then
I sort by column 'Points' in decending order. All the information sorts
correctly except the 'Hdcp' columns. The data in those columns stays as if I
didn't sort the information.

FYI, the formula explaination is in forum question;
"drag formula down making chgs on the way (Q2) 6-3-09"

Any advise?
Brad