Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Time factor

Hi,

Here is the basic idea:
For hours, assuming the total time 132 is in B1

=INT(B1/60)

For minutes:

=60*MOD(B1/60,1)

you can combine these as needed.

One problem I see it your notation for hour as minute:
0.02 is not Excel's notation for 2 minutes, to work with time you should
enter them as 0:2:0. Also you show use the times 0.02 and then show us the
total as 132?

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Debbie" wrote:

I'm sure I'm overlooking something simple...
Please help:

I'm adding time differences of:
0.02 (Minutes)
0.09
0.02
0.99
0.20

My total minutes equal:
132

I want to convert this number to the number of hours minutes which should be:
2:12

I can't seem to wrap my brain around this to find the answer.