Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default sum totals in excel

Hi,

1. You can't get AutoSum to round your values for you, you either write a
formula or apply a format, depending on your needs.
2. Of course round may not be the issue, you haven't shown us the data and
the result you get and expect. It may be that this is just an issue of how
computers work - they work in binary even though we enter decimal number
which results in approximations by Excel and any computer.

Here is everything you need to know about this issue (and more):

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/78113/en-us
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/42980
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/214118
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/rounding.htm

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Sk" wrote:

My excel sheet is set up with dollars and cents format account.

I have used auto sum to total columns U6:U19.

My formulas are in said columns.

The excel total is less than the numbers in the columns when added up
manually.

I have tried entering round=(u6:u19) and I keep getting an error message in
both the cells and sum total.

How to I get the round feature and exactly how to I type in the formulas and
auto sum?

Thanks,
SK