Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Print Preview is gone!

Hi,

I would reinstall Excel.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Bluedot" wrote:

Until a few weeks ago, Print Preview in my Excel worked fine. Then one day,
it stopped. I have the Print Preview icon on the Toolbar, but clicking on it
does nothing. The FILE dropdown menu used to list "Print Preview", but now it
is gone. Not just greyed out - it's not even on the list any more. And it
does not matter whether my printer is turned on or off.
If I go to START/Programs/Excel and open a new file, it's all there. But all
my saved Excel files have the problem. I am stumped.
If it helps, the same time this happened, I no longer got my standard and
formatting toolbars without specifically selecting them every time I open an
xls file. I cannot seem to fix that either, but at least I can force the
Toolbar views each time. Perhaps the simultaneous timing of the onset of
these two problems is a clue?