Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JR Hester JR Hester is offline

Default What does compatabity mode mean?

It is also possible to install Office 07 in a compatablity mode so that all
the default is for files to be created in the XLS format so that they are
compatible with the earlier versions of office applications.

HTH

"madsalmon" wrote:

I recently reloaded office 07. Now an excel spreadsheet I am working on has
(shared) and (compatabilty mode) in the title bar. I can't find any
explanation of what this means. Is it possibly causing the problems I am
experiencing eg most functions under 'insert' greyed out eg pivot tables etc.