Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default Calculating a date

Jafferi

The CELL function check the format only. Even if you dont have data it still
return a value. If you want to check whether a date is present or not; you
can try the below which returns 8 if a date is present...Is that you are
looking for...

=IF(ISERROR(DAY(A1)),,8)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

The below formula will return D1 to D5 if cell A1 contains a date...Refer
help on CELL function

=CELL("format",A1)

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"Jafferi" wrote:

Cell A1 ~ Jan 1, 2009
Cell B1 ~ [if Cell A is a date, multiple by 8]

Basically, I want the cell to acknowledged that a day is equal to 8 hours.
Can you help to figure out how can I do this?

Thank you in advance.