Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default What does compatabity mode mean?

Hi

This means that the workbook was created under an earlier version of Excel.
Having loaded the file, clcik the round Office buttonSave as choose and
xlsx file if there are no macros involved, or an xlsm file if you have
macros.

Close, the file then re-open.
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"madsalmon" wrote in message
I recently reloaded office 07. Now an excel spreadsheet I am working on
has
(shared) and (compatabilty mode) in the title bar. I can't find any
explanation of what this means. Is it possibly causing the problems I am
experiencing eg most functions under 'insert' greyed out eg pivot tables
etc.