Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ken Wright Ken Wright is offline

Default sum totals in excel

There is a very simple solution that doesn't require any addins, and that is
simply to use the formula

=SUM(ROUND(U6:U19,2)) but you need to Array Enter it using CTRL+ENTER

You can also just use

=SUMPRODUCT(ROUND(U6:U19,2)) without having to enter it as an array formula

What may be an idea though is to actually use the ROUND() function to 2 dps
on your formulas in U6:U19 in each of the cells, such that what you see is
really what you get. Then a simple SUM from autosum will give you what you
expected it to.

Assuming your formulas were something like =A1*(B2/C3)+D4 and you wanted to
use the ROUND() function on them, it would like this:-

=ROUND(Your_Formula,2)

eg:
=ROUND(A1*(B2/C3)+D4,2)

Regards
Ken..................

"Sk" wrote in message
My excel sheet is set up with dollars and cents format account.

I have used auto sum to total columns U6:U19.

My formulas are in said columns.

The excel total is less than the numbers in the columns when added up
manually.

I have tried entering round=(u6:u19) and I keep getting an error message
in
both the cells and sum total.

How to I get the round feature and exactly how to I type in the formulas
and
auto sum?

Thanks,
SK