Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Adding text without erasing previous text?

Do you want to add the same text to each of the 5000 products?

Assuming the products are in column A starting at A1

In B1 enter =A1 & " " & "more text"

Double-click the fill handle to copy down.

Select column B and copypaste specialvaluesokesc

Delete column A

If different text for each product...................F2 to get into edit
mode then ad the text.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 6 Jun 2009 20:36:01 -0700, Adding Text Without Deleting <Adding Text
Without Deleting @discussions.microsoft.com wrote:

I run a store with over 5000 products and I upload them by excel. My 5000
products have data already in there cells. I need to add addition information
without erasing the previous data already entered over the 5000 products in
the cell. How do I do this?