Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fred Smith[_4_] Fred Smith[_4_] is offline

Default how do I duplicate the Lotus 123 @rate function in Excel?

You'll need to give us some examples, if you want further help. Rate works
for every time period that I've tried, including less than 1.

Regards,
Fred.

"WEBB" wrote in message
Thank you. I had been using the RATE function, but for some reason it
wasn't
working. The problem seems to be when you use a time parameter less than
1
year. Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. I don't know why
that
is.

"Fred Smith" wrote:

It's as easy as 1-2-3. Simply use the Rate function.

Regards,
Fred

"WEBB" wrote in message
Excel wants to give me the XIRR function, but that requires a specific
data
layout, which is not always appropriate. I want to calculate a
Compounded
Annual Rate of Return, by inputting the start value, end value and
number
of
years. Lotus made this very easy. Excel makes it very hard. Help