Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sheeloo Sheeloo is offline

Default how to use function ceiling??

This is what the help says..
Returns number rounded up, away from zero, to the nearest multiple of
significance. For example, if you want to avoid using pennies in your prices
and your product is priced at $4.42, use the formula =CEILING(4.42,0.05) to
round prices up to the nearest nickel.

Syntax

CEILING(number,significance)

Number is the value you want to round.

Significance is the multiple to which you want to round.

So
=Ceiling(15.01,0.1) will round to multiple of 0.1 giving you 15.1

You need an IF to apply two different ceiling functions depending upon
whether less than 15.1 or mor..

"keys2000" wrote:

got a problem with function ceiling, my formula is =ceiling(A1,1)
A1 = 15
my result is = 15
but if i change my A1 to = 15.01
my result is = 16
but i want my result like this
if A1 = 15.01 -- 15.09, i want my result to be 15
but if my A1 = 15.1 and above, i want my result to be 16