Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default Adding text without erasing previous text?

hi
several ways to do this.
not sure what version on excel you have but in 2003 on the menu bar.....
toolsoptionsedit tabcheck as see if the "edit directly in cell" box is
checked.
if it is, you can edit the cell by double clicking the cell to go to edit
mode or pressing the F2 key.
if not, and you may not want to (i don't), you can leave it unchecked, ok out.
do the following instead.
with the mouse click into the formula bar. that is the long blank strip
above the sheet which also display the cell contents. you can edit there.
or
click the F2 key. that will put in into edit mode (in the fomula bar).

regards
FSt1

"Adding Text Without Deleting" wrote:

I run a store with over 5000 products and I upload them by excel. My 5000
products have data already in there cells. I need to add addition information
without erasing the previous data already entered over the 5000 products in
the cell. How do I do this?