Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Stacked Column Chart Data Label Connector Lines

Hi,

You can't get connector lines as you call them but you can reposition the
data lables. The hard way is one label at a time, the easy way is to use a
free Add-in line the one below:

http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Erik" wrote:

I can't for the life of me figure out how to place the data labels for a
stacked column chart (# or %) (1) next to the column, then (2) have lines
connecting the data value to the proper block of the column. It does it
automatically for pie chart labels, but not columns. Anyone have insight
into these two issues? Thanks in advance.