Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Count # of classes by month by local

Hi,

Assuming your Total Days column is column B, you don't need an array:

=COUNTIF(Sheet1!C$2:C$11,Sheet2!A2)

For the other formula use T. V.'s

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Access Joe" wrote:

Hey everyone: Excell 2007 on Vista

This one is getting to me and I"m hoping you can help. My current data
layout:

Col C Col G Col E
Florida Word 6/1/09
Florida Excel 6/1/09
Cali Word 6/1/09
NJ Excel 6/2/09
NJ Excel 6/2/09
Cali PowerPoint 7/2/09
Florida Excel 6/3/09
PA Word 7/2/09
PA Outlook 7/2/09
Florida Outlook 8/1/09

What I have done so far on a different worksheet is calulcate (using an
array formula) the number of total DAYS a location is running a class. The
summary currently looks like this:

Florida 3
Cali 2
NJ 1
PA 1

NOW what I'd like to do is break down the number of days by each MONTH.
Ultimately this new table would display something like the following:

Florida 2 0 0
Cali 1 1 0
NJ 1 0 0
PA 0 2 0

I would prefer not to use a Pivot Table for this, and instead would just add
these 3 new columns to the right of the "# OF TOTAL DAYS" column. Can anyone
help??