Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Philip Philip is offline

Default Conditional Formatting

Hi,

I have a cell (b1) that I am trying to conditionally format. This cell (b1)
is referencing another cell (a1). Cell A1 has 6 potential selections in a
drop down menu.

These selections in cell a1 a
Blue
Blue Grey
Green
Black
Red
Purple

I want to conditionally format cell b1 so that if any selection other than
red or purple is selected in cell a1, then cell b1 gray's out.

I know how to do the formatting to gray the cell out, but unfortunately you
can only have 3 conditional statements in Excel. Is it possible to make 4
conditional statements?

For instance, can I combine the conditional statement for "Blue" and "Blue
Grey" somehow since they begin with the first four same letters?

Thank you for your help!