Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
fake_be fake_be is offline

Default creating a survey and gathering the data

Hi Maddie,

I would suggest you make an excelsheet (with a lot of protections) and
let the users save it on a certain location (or send the excel via
mail to you). Once you have the hundreds of different excelfiles in a
same directory you can 'retrieve' all the information on the sheet
with a simple tool (excell add-in xla) named RDBMerge of Ron De Bruin
(www.rondebruin.nl/merge.htm). The tool is pretty much self-
explanory.

All the data will be retrieved in 1 sheet where you can start you
analyse from.

Another idea is to use googledocs more info via
http://www.rimmkaufman.com/rkgblog/2...s-survey-tool/

Good luck and let us know how it works
Tom

On 5 jun, 13:18, Maddie1020
wrote:
Hi

I have been given a task to gather questionnaire data for a school, with 12
questions and 5 possible answers. *I am likely to get hundreds of responses.

I have tried to set up a survey without much success and am wondering the
easiest way to do this. *Is there a template I can download to help me?

Many thanks

Maddie