Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default convert excel data to dBaseIII

Hi,

Access 2007 can Export a table as a dBase file. (External Data, More, ....)
So you could import your Excel data and then do the conversion there.

You could download a free copy of OpenOffice and it will allow you to save
the file as a dBase III file.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Barbara" wrote:

Thank you Shane, 2007 is what I have.

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

Hi,

dBaseIII, haven't heard that one in a long time.

In Excel 2003 or earlier choose File, Save As, and change the Save as type
to DBF 3 (dBASE III) (*.dbf)

Excel 2007 doesn't support that file type.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Barbara" wrote:

I am wanting to use a excel data base for Avery mail merge which requires the
info in dBaseIII. I am a Beginner...........