Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
AltaEgo AltaEgo is offline

Default sum totals in excel

Rounding depends what you are trying to to achieve:

If you are working with currency I anticipate you need MRound()

MRound - Returns a number rounded to the desired multiple. =MROUND(U6,0.05)
will round U6 to the nearest multiple of five cents (as required for
currency calculations in my country). NOTE: requires installation of the
Analysis Toolpack add-in. See:

XL2003
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...CH062527761033
XL2007
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...CH100870211033

To use any rounding function, you need to round it either separate from
other formulae (e.g. in V6 enter =MROUND(U6,0.05) ) or use it in conjunction
with another formula (e.g. in U20 enter =MROUND(sum(U6:U19),0.05)). Note:
the latter is more accurate in terms of invoicing sales amounts rounded to
the nearest 5 cents (i,e =MROUND(SUM(A2:A4),0.05) will round three entries
of $4.21 to $12.65 whereas mrounding individual values before summing will
result in $12.60.

For help on other rounding functions:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...CH010005131033

--
Steve

"Sk" wrote in message
My excel sheet is set up with dollars and cents format account.

I have used auto sum to total columns U6:U19.

My formulas are in said columns.

The excel total is less than the numbers in the columns when added up
manually.

I have tried entering round=(u6:u19) and I keep getting an error message
in
both the cells and sum total.

How to I get the round feature and exactly how to I type in the formulas
and
auto sum?

Thanks,
SK