Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default Ignoring Cells Returning #N/A

Hi

Wrap your formulae in an IF function.
=IF(input_cell="","",your_formula)

Change input-Cell to the cell reference where you input your code, and
substitute your actual formula for your_formula
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Vasquoy" wrote in message
I am setting up a sheet that when a code is entered elsewhere in the
workbook
it fills the information in on a summary sheet.

For various reasons, we have a set number of lines (say 5) but if we only
enter 3 codes the other two show up as #n/a because there is no code
entered
although the formula is there.

On the summary sheet we need to do a simple =sum() function but if one of
the cells contains #n/a then it won't calculate it.

Is there a way to get the sum function to ignore any cells which come up
as
#n/a but to include them when it has a proper value?